Thu, Apr 19|
Living Well: Diabetes Self-Management
Join us for a FREE workshop every Thursday for 6 weeks, April 19-May 24. Workshops are open to all ages and caregivers. Learn about nutrition, exercise, medications, and living a full life with diabetes!
Time & Location
Apr 19, 2018, 1:30 PM – May 23, 2018, 4:00 PM
Wildflower Lodge, 508 16th St, La Grande, OR 97850, USA
About The Event
Workshops are free, fun, interactive, and applicable for people of all ages. Caregivers are welcome, too! Learn from trained volunteer leaders, who are living with or have a loved one living with diabetes, about:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medication.
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health care professionals.
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
For more information, please contact Holly Sorensen at (541)963-3186.