Thu, Feb 27|
Saint Alphonsus Hospital: Snake River Rm
Opioid Addiction & Treatment: A Training for Traditional Health Workers
An engaging two-day training geared toward Community Health Workers and other Traditional Health Workers so they can engage with primary care and other practitioners as effective members of the treatment team. This course will also be offered in The Dalles and John Day in upcoming months.
Time & Location
Feb 27, 2020, 9:00 AM MST – Feb 28, 2020, 4:00 PM MST
Saint Alphonsus Hospital: Snake River Rm, 351 SW 9th St, Ontario, OR 97914, USA
About The Event
A relevant, engaging and informative overview of the science and social impacts of opioids and addiction on individuals and families. The two-day training will be targeted at Community Health Workers and other Traditional Health Workers so that they can engage with primary care and other practitioners as effective members of the treatment team.
This training addresses addiction as a coping and survival mechanism in response to biologic, epigenetic and social influences and trauma history. Our goal is to move away from the stigma and shame of addiction and toward support and treatment. Earn 12 CEUs for participation.
· The biological, epigenetic and social origins of addiction
· Historical and current-day context for opioid use and addiction.
· Signs, symptoms, and impacts of opioid addiction on individuals and families.
· High-level overview of evidence-based Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) model, especially emphasizing best practices of a comprehensive and team-centered approach.
· Local MAT treatment resources specific to the county where the training is being held.
· Naloxone training, including history and context, how to obtain and administer, and the importance of immediate follow up post-administration.
· Specifics of the CHW/THW role in the MAT treatment team, including role play and application exercises.
$10 minimal cost to defray cost of refreshments. Free lunch will be provided thanks to GOBHI Eastern Oregon Opioid Solutions.
Special thanks to Eastern Oregon Coordinated Care Organization (EOCCO), the Northeast Oregon Area Health Education Center (NEOAHEC), and Greater Oregon Behavioral Health's Eastern Oregon Opioid Solutions for making this training possible.
For more information, please contact Connie Sherrard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations: Please contact email@example.com if you wish to cancel your registration. Up to 2 business days prior to the event, you can request a refund or a credit toward a future event. Cancellations less than 2 business days before the event will not be refunded, but you may receive a credit for a future event.
Discounts are available to some participants. If you have a coupon code, please enter it at registration to receive a discount. If payment is a hardship for you or your organization, you may request a scholarship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Opioid Addiction & Treatment
February 27-28 | 9am-4pm St. Alphonsus Ontario - Snake River Room