Wed, Jun 17|
Recognizing and Responding to Compassion Fatigue
An online interactive 2-hour training that will explore burnout, different types of trauma, and compassion fatigue. Registration will close Monday, June 15, 2020 at 1:00pm PST. Earn 2 CEUs.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM PDT
About The Event
Self care is a great necessity for those of us in the helping fields to effectively help others. Join us for our regional Community of Practice training on Recognizing & Responding to Compassion Fatigue, led by Connie Sherrard and Holly Sorensen at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Ontario. During the course, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the similarities and differences between burnout, compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and personal trauma, and the connection between them
- Learn about how workplace wellness and compassion fatigue are interrelated
- Learn the signs of compassion fatigue
- Practice conducting personal risk and resilience assessments, and
- Develop personal body scan and transition rituals and other self-care practices.
Questions? Contact Connie Sherrard at email@example.com.
Cancellations: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your registration. Up to 2 business days prior to the event, you can request a refund or a credit toward a future event. Cancellations less than 2 business days before the event will not be refunded, but you may receive a credit for a future event.
Discounts are available to some participants. If you have a coupon code, please enter it at registration to receive a discount. If payment is a hardship for you or your organization, you may request a scholarship. Contact email@example.com to request an application.
June 17, 2020 | 1:00pm-3:00pm MST Ontario