Join Our Team!
NEON is seeking a Community Health Worker Trainer!
Northeast Oregon Network (NEON) seeks a contractor to work in collaboration with NEON staff to
deliver Community Health Worker (CHW) training. At this time, we are seeking an individual to conduct
basic CHW certification and continuing education training in an online environment.
• Deliver CHW training curricula as a member of the training team.
• Follow practices and standards of adult learning theory and popular education.
• Develop and maintain supportive relationships with CHW trainees to ensure a positive and
productive training experience for participants.
• When training takes place in a virtual environment, provide tech backup to co-trainer(s), such as
monitoring chat and waiting room and assisting trainees to troubleshoot technical issues.
• Work in collaboration with co-trainer(s) to assess and revise training curricula as needed.
• May include logistical duties to support training, such as scheduling, sending out materials and
reminders, and communications with trainees, etc.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Sufficient experience and/or higher education in community health, education, or related fields
to perform the duties of the position
• Current or former CHW certification
• Familiarity with popular education and adult learning theory
• Strong facilitation skills
• Technical skills to effectively use Microsoft Office, Zoom, video editing, Google apps and other
software as needed
• Commitment to equity and inclusion in the delivery of training and services
• Members of BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to
apply and will be given preference in hiring.
Compensation: $40 per hour, contract rate. Hours per week will be based upon need and when CHW training series
Interested parties should submit a current resume and cover letter that addresses the experience, skills,
and qualifications above by 3/31/21.
The Northeast Oregon Network is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability.